HDB8229 HDEC Series Large Format Backplane
The HDB8229 HDEC Series Large Format Backplane
A HDB8229 HDEC Series Large Format Backplane provides a system integration methodology that enables many PCI Express 3.0 option cards to be attached to a single System Host Board. This configuration allows a single system to communicate with multiple devices at once, providing expanded system extensibility and versatility.
The HDB8229 provides full implementation of the 80 lanes of PCI Express 3.0 provided by the dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 series processors available on a HEP8225 HDEC Series system host board combined with 24-cores of processing capacity. The combination of backplane segment features and system integration capabilities enables innovative computing designs for today's demanding embedded computing, and data security applications in energy generation, industrial automation, and medical diagnostics applications.
Key features of the HDB8229 HDEC Series Large Format Backplane include:
- Fourteen total PCIe 3.0 option card slots available:
- 4 - x16 PCI Express 3.0 electrical / x16 mech. connectors
- 1 - x8 PCI Express 3.0 electrical/ x16 mech. connector
- 9 - x8 PCI Express 3.0 electrical/x16 mech. connectors via 20 Port Switch
- Numerous device I/O connections, simplifying system integration, and cable routing
- 6 - SATA/600 connectors
- 2 - USB3 interface header connections
- 4 - Rear chassis USB2 interface ports
- 8 - System fan headers with built-in fan speed monitoring
- Ideal large format backplane for supporting standard 5U rackmount computer chassis
- Long life cycle with 7+ year backplane availability
Trenton designs all of our HDEC Series system host boards and backplanes to fully support the PCI Express auto-training function that ensures SHB-to-option card communications regardless of PCI Express interface type or link width. This SHB and backplane design feature maximizes system flexibility by enabling system support for standard PCIe 3.0, 2.0 or 1.1 option cards having various PCIe electrical interface link widths such as x16, x8, x4 and x1.
The HDB8229 HDEC Series Large Format Backplane is manufactured in Trenton's ISO 9001:2008 registered facilities, supported within the United States, and comes with a 5-year factory warranty.