CompactPCI® Serial Quad PCI Express® Mini Card Carrier Board Six Antenna Connectors for Wireless Radio Applications (WLAN, WWAN, GPS) Additional mSATA SSD Module Socket
The SP4-MAMBO is a peripheral board for CompactPCI® Serial systems and serves as a quad PCI Express® Mini Card carrier, either full- or half-size style. An additional socket is provided for an optional mSATA module. Up to six SMA antenna connectors are available via the front panel, for MIMO operation of wireless Mini Cards, such as WiFi (WLAN) or GPRS/LTE (WWAN). Any module socket is wired to an individual Micro SIM card holder.
Each PCI Express® Mini Card socket can accommodate either an USB or PCIe based module. The mSATA socket is suitable for either a SATA SSD, or an USB controlled Mini Card.
The SP4-MAMBO is equipped with an on-board Gen2 PCI Express® packet switch and a PCIe to USB 2.0 bridge, and can be installed into any peripheral slot of a CompactPCI® Serial backplane.
The SP4-MAMBO requires a single PCI Express® lane from the backplane, passed over across the connector P1 to a PCIe Gen2 packet switch (upstream port). The PCIe downstream ports from the switch are used to supply each Mini Card socket with an individual PCI Express® link, as required e.g. by WLAN Mini Cards. Another port from the PCIe packet switch feeds an on-board USB 2.0 controller, which is required for USB type Mini Cards, such as most modems. The related SIM card holders are suitable for 15mm x 12mm Micro SIM cards, which are most widely in use.
Any CompactPCI® Serial peripheral slot - in addition to its PCIe link - may provide a SATA channel and also an USB port, available from the backplane via connector P1. These ports are both routed to the optional on-board mSATA socket (SSD storage module). The SATA Rx/Tx signals are reconditioned by a 6Gbps SATA redriver, for optimum signal integrity. The mSATA connector can be used also with an USB style Mini Card. The associated Micro SIM card holder is positioned below the Mini Card module itself, due to space restrictions on the SP4-MAMBO PCB.
|General||• PICMG® CompactPCI® Serial Standard (CPCI-S.0) Peripheral Slot Card
• Single Size Eurocard 3U 4HP 100x160mm2
• Backplane Connector P1 (PCIe x 1, USB 2.0, SATA)
|PCI Express® Interface||• Gen2 PCI Express® 6-port packet switch
• Upstream port: PCI Express® x 1 Gen2 (5.0Gbps) or Gen1 (2.5Gbps) supported
• Downstream ports: 4 x PCIe Mini Card, 1 x PCIe quad port USB controller
|PCI Express® Mini Card||• 4 x PCI Express® Mini Card sockets, full-size or half-size modules
• 4 x Micro SIM card holder associated (15mm x 12mm ETSI TS 102 221 V9.0.0, Mini-UICC)
• PCI Express® Mini Cards of both styles supported: USB and PCIe based
• Six F/P antenna connectors SMA R/P for MIMO wireless applications
• Custom specific F/P design for additional pigtail antenna connectors (8HP width)
• Typical applications WLAN (Dual-Band WiFi) & Bluetooth, WiMax, GPRS/LTE (WWAN) modems, GNSS (GPS) navigation
|mSATA Socket||• mSATA socket suitable for a SATA SSD storage module or USB type Mini Card
• SATA 6G redrivers on-board for optimum signal integrity
• Micro SIM card holder associated (15mm x 12mm)
• mSATA requires SATA channel available from P1 backplane connector
• USB style Mini Card (mSATA socket) requires USB available from P1 backplane connector
|Environment & Regulation||• Long term availability
• Rugged solution (coating/sealing available on request)
• RoHS compliant 2002/95/EC
• Operating temperature: 0°C to +70°C (industrial temperature range on request)
• Storage temperature: -40°C to +85°C, max. gradient 5°C/min
• Humidity 5% ... 95% RH non condensing
• Altitude -300m ... +3000m
• Shock 15g 0.33ms, 6g 6ms
• Vibration 1g 5-2000Hz
• MTBF tbd
• EC Regulations EN55022, EN55024, EN60950-1 (UL60950-1/IEC60950-1)