SV1-CLIP CompactPCI™ Serial Quad DisplayPort Graphics
SV1-CLIP CompactPCI™ Serial • Quad DisplayPort Graphics
The SV1-CLIP is a peripheral slot board for PICMG™ CompactPCI™ Serial systems and acts as carrier for a MXM 3.0 graphics module. The SV1-CLIP is provided with four DisplayPort front panel connectors and accommodates a type A graphics module (82x70mm2). Industry standard MXM graphics modules are available from several vendors. With respect to a reasonable thermal management, a low power GPU is recommended for usage with the SV1-CLIP, e.g. the AMD Radeon™ E6460 MXM module, which supports up to four displays.
Theory of Operation For best performance, the SV1-CLIP should be operated in a CompactPCI™ Serial fat pipe slot, which provides a PCI Express™ x8 host interface. The SV1-CLIP is equipped with a PCIe Gen3 redriver for optimum signal integrity. For use with the E6460 MXM graphics module, a low profile passive heatspreader is available, which fits into the 4HP envelope. In addition, the CompactPCI™ Serial rack must provide suitable forced airflow (e.g. by fans).
The SV1-CLIP is a CompactPCI® Serial peripheral card. CompactPCI® Serial (CPCI-S.0) is a PICMG® standard for modular industrial computers, which provides high speed serial I/O (PCI Express®, SATA, USB, Gigabit Ethernet) over the backplane. The cPCI-S mechanical design is fully backward compatible to CompactPCI® Classic and will interoperate with existing systems, by means of a hybrid backplane.
Hybrid systems (providing card slots for both cPCI Classic & cPCI Serial) can be configured by means of a CompactPCI® PlusIO CPU card such as the PC1-GROOVE or PC3-ALLEGRO in combination with a suitable hybrid backplane.
Native CompactPCI® Serial systems (up to 8 cPCI Serial peripheral card slots) can be built around a suitable system slot CPU board such as the SC1-ALLEGRO.
- PICMG® CompactPCI® Serial Standard (CPCI-S.0) Peripheral Slot or Fat Pipe Slot Card
- cPCI-S Backplane Connectors P1/P2, for PCIe x 8 Fat Pipe Slot
- Carrier Board for Type A MXM 3.0 Graphics Module
- MXM 3.0 Edge Card Connector 314/281 Pins
- Recommended MXM GPU Module: AMD Radeon™ E6460
- Heatsink Available (4HP Envelope), for Racks with Adequate Forced Airflow
- Long Term Availability
- RoHS Compliant
- Single Size Eurocard 3U 4HP 100x160mm2
- Four DisplayPort Front Panel Receptacles
- Module Dimensions 70mm x 82mm x 7mm
- PCI Express® Gen3 (8GT/s) Redriver on-Board, PCIe x 8
- Up to 4 x DP1.2 Independent Video Outputs
- Commercial and Industrial Temperature Range
- Rugged Solution (Coating/Sealing Available on Request)