THD8141 Single Board Computer
THD8141 Single Board Computer
The THD8141 single board computer from Trenton Systems is a single-processor PICMG 1.3 SBC featuring the Intel® Core™ and Intel® Xeon® processors that utilize the Intel® 22nm Micro-architecture formally known as Haswell. The SBC enables industrial and military computer systems to support industry standard, PCI Express 3.0 plug-in option cards.
Other THD8141 single board computer capabilities include four (4) standard, full-length DDR3 DIMM sockets that support up to 32GB of DDR3-1600 system memory, plus on-board device interfaces that include DVI-D and analog video ports, a plug-in PCIe Mini-Card connector socket, three (3) Gigabit Ethernet interfaces, multiple USB3 and USB2 I/O ports, PS/2 mouse and keyboard interfaces, and six (6) SATA/600 storage drive interfaces.
The THD8141 single board computer design utilizes PCIe 3.0 link retimers to ensure maximum single integrity between the processors' native PCIe Gen3 links on the SBC and an I/O plug-in card located in a backplane slot farthest from the PCI Express root complex. The SBC's external I/O card interfaces adapt to PCIe 3.0, PCIe 2.1/2.0 and PCIe 1.1 plug-in cards with either a x16, x8, x4 or x1 PCI Express edge connector.
The board's two, dual-channel memory interfaces support four standard DDR3-1600 memory DIMMs with all available THD8141 long-life processor options. The three Gigabit Ethernet LAN interfaces includes a backplane LAN interface. The rear-mounted PCIe mini-connector supports industry standard PCI Express Mini-Cards for system configurations requiring added Wi-Fi capability, additional SSD data storage or expanded I/O support.
Key features of the THD8141 single board computer include:
- Supports long-life, multi-core Intel® Core™ i3/i5/i7 or Intel® Xeon® 1200 v3 series processors
- Two, dual-channel, DDR3-1600 memory interfaces supports four DDR3 memory DIMMs
- PCIe Gen3 and Gen2 interfaces support industry standard x16, x8, x4 and x1 PCI Express 3.0, 2.0 or 1.1 cards
- Supports remote network management and security via Intel® vPro™ when using Core i5, Core i7 and Xeon CPU options
- Includes out-of-band client system security and KVM access and control via Intel® AMT 9.0
- PCI Express mini-connector supports plug-in WiFi, SSD Storage and other PCI Mini Cards
- On-board digital and analog video interfaces plus multiple I/O and COMM interfaces
- Supports industry standard PICMG 1.3 PCI Express backplanes
Trenton's THD8141 single board computer maximizes system ROI with long-life, embedded components which drive an extended SBC product availability of seven years or more. All Trenton single board computers are designed with a standard BIOS version that is maintained under strict revision control.
Trenton also builds-in BIOS flexibility by offering various BIOS modifications that may be needed to meet unique system requirements and maintains strict revision control for custom BIOS variations.The THD8141 is designed, manufactured and supported by Trenton Systems at our U.S. facilities and is covered by our exclusive five-year factory warranty.